21 April, 2011

Only 5 weeks left.

Here we go, I'm slowly starting to realise that my time in Welly is gonna be over soon. Getting into the "I'm-leaving-the-country-I-don't-give-a-f***-anymore - mood". Including all the consequences... If any of you have ever relocated to another country (or if you knew me last time I moved) I'm sure you know what I'm talking about.
It's tough. Not only am I moving to a new country, but yet another new continent. But this time (I think) I'm better prepared. Some things I've learned:

1. I have too much stuff.
2. I have to get rid of things.
3. Getting rid of things slowly instead of all at once makes it less painful.
4. I still have too much stuff.

At least I can make Aiko happy with some of my clothes, and feel good about giving the rest to charity. So much for saving the world.
Saving myself seems to be more difficult. I've been tidying and cleaning my room, but somehow the outside and the inside don't wanna match up. Seems like some of the lessons learned from a materialistic perspective also apply to another level: I have too much stuff. My mental procrastination works pretty well though, and has drastically increased my creative output (as you can see in previous posts). Good.
Off to play outside for the Easter weekend. Will be good and may help to tidy up the inside. If not, there's always the silver lining of a great weekend with friends, beers, and outdoors. What else does anyone really need.
Listen to: Calexico - Bisbee Blue.

No comments:

Post a Comment