Update time! Over a month has passed since my last entry. So many things have happened, that I don't think I can give every little event the credit it deserves. Instead, a summary of a few highlights.
We had the pleasure to enjoy the arrival of spring - almost summer - over these last few weeks, and all the joys that come with it: Coffee in the sunshine, some chillaxing in the backyard, BBQ at the beach, a dip in the ocean and of course - last but not least - roof top patio time at Darby's. A little earlier, I spent a week in Germany to celebrate several birthdays, including mine :) The sunshine decided to come with me and I had a blast hanging out with my homies. The bday BBQ was a success, and I even managed to be only slightly tired and hungover on the flight back the next day!
With my birthday my new addiction began - yes, I'm gonna admit to it openly: The Hunger Games Trilogy! I pretty much ate the first book on the plane on my way to Vancouver, finished the second one a week later and am currently on the way with the third. While the movie was *ok*, the books are simply amazing. Also the fact that they're probably aimed at 16-year-olds makes them a pretty easy read.
A week ago we got an addition to our little family: On the way to buying a car we ended up getting some more kitchen stuff, a TV and 3 goldfish in a flower vase instead! Poor little buggers were gonna be orphaned since their previous owners are leaving the country, so we decided to take care of them. Good times! Susi invited me for birthday dinner at one of those turning restaurants - Cloud 9 on a sunny Thursday night. Thanks, hun :) Of course I should also mention some of our nightlife activities: The Great Lake Swimmers played at Commodore Ballroom a week ago, and we had a great time. Roger Waters is playing at BC Place tonight, we might try to get some tickets at the door. Hopefully they won't be crazy expensive.
Not such good times came our way this Saturday - of course... After what was an exciting, but goalless 2 hours it came down to penalty shoot out. Schweini, Olic and Manu all failed on us in their home arena, and left us devastated (but happy to not be in Munich...). Good thing most of our friends hate Chelsea more than they don't care about Bayern, so we had supporters in our grief ;) In accordance with our mood the rain came back to Vancouver yesterday, and is most likely gonna hang out for a bit. That way we missed the eclipse, but had a chance to watch the latest Tim Burton featuring our favourites Johnny and Helena. Nice movie, but definitely not an epic must-see!
I finally managed to have some quality skype time with some of my NZ homies. Can't wait for a reunion with at least a few of them at the German-Kiwi wedding in September. Fingers crossed I can afford the flight!
Well, this should probably be update enough for now. The rain today asks for really only two options - hang out on the couch and watch movies, or head downtown for a little shopping trip. Let's see what the day brings :)
Song of the day, an all time classic from a good movie based on an even better book (Alex Garland - The Beach): Sugar Ray - Spinning Away
No comments:
Post a Comment