23 August, 2011

One more sleep...

... until it's "Pfiadi Bayern" and "Hello Vancouver". I'm quite excited, all my bags are packed (although way too full, as always), my room is (abnormally, almost terrifyingly) tidy, and I managed to get almost everything done that I had planned (always one or two things that I don't get around to). The tiny bit of my life left here in Germany got even tinier thanks to some serious cleaning out. I'm waaaaay more relaxed than when I moved to Welly. Partly because I managed once, so I know that I can do it again. Also, I already know people, have seen the university, the city, my flat, etc.
Summer finally decided to give me a nice goodbye performance: We've had temperatures over 30˚C and serious sunny days for almost a week now. Good times, seeing people one last time, hanging out in the sun, enjoying some nice beer. Hiking on Sunday left me pretty sore, but a dip in the lake afterwards might have prevented the worst. The last few days felt a little like the big summer holidays we used to have during highschool times. Not really having ANYTHING to do except one or two minor errands every 3 days or so, mainly chilling in the sun, drinking beers, eating ice cream and doing nothing, and being able to read something like one book a day. Can't remember when I last read one book a week, and more than that seems like it was in a different life. However, even though the slacker life is pretty amazing I'm glad that I can get back to work, have some routines and start thinking about volcanoes and other awesome geophysics again. *Nerd alert*
Either way, I'm off now. News from my new home will hopefully follow soon, latest after I get back from the US from fieldwork at some point in September! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment