Seriously, guys. Stop being cowards! This sounds harsh, but it's actually true. Many people these days are simply gutless, and I am sick of it. You might be wondering, what is this all about? Let me tell you. We're not talking about jumping off cliffs or out of airplanes (although I can highly recommend particularly the latter). No, we're talking about everyday things, things that you and I have to do; things that have to be said, dealt with, problems that have to be solved. I find it surprising and sad, how many people simply avoid these tasks. I'm not a saint myself, that's for sure, but I want to believe that at least I am trying. Avoiding doesn't make things better - never! On different occasions in the recent past I've had to realise how hard - basically impossible - it is for most people to simply face what has to be done (Yet: I do want to mention that I've witnessed the opposite end of the spectrum too - just not that often...). Instead everyone just runs away. So please, listen to me, think about it and maybe reconsider your actions - or the lack of action! It may be inconvenient, it may hurt someone in that very moment, it may be painful for yourself, but on the long run it's for the better. I believe that so much could be improved if communication between people was improved. Not just communication in general, but between the very people affected. It's nice telling your friends about what's going on, but even the best friend might get sick of constant whining without actual action. More important, the people concerned by whatever it is need to know if things are supposed to change. If a problem needs solving: do it, things don't usually fix themselves! If some serious conversation has to be done: don't postpone it, do it now! If you feel in a certain way, good or bad: tell whoever it is! Procrastination at work/uni might be successful - procrastination in life won't be.
Apologies for the rant, but I urgently needed to spit this one out.
Accompanied by: Thirteen Senses - Call someone -
No comments:
Post a Comment