Dear Wellington,
please sit down, we need to talk.
I've had a great time with you in the past 2.5 years, with all the ups and downs. However, it is now time for me to move on. But please keep in mind, it's not you - it's me! Also, there's someone else in my life: Vancouver. We only met briefly a few months ago, and please believe me when I tell you that nothing happened back then. Yet I think Vancouver and I might have a thing, so I really need to give it a try. I appreciate what the two of us had, and I hope that we can still be friends. Maybe we'll meet again at some point in the future!
All the best, yours,
Kathi
But the way things always are, in your head and far away from actual actions everything is different, easier. Now, that it's finally the time, I'm not even close to being ready to move on. The past weeks have been super intense in every aspect. Hanging out with all the people here that I love and enjoying my favourite spots in Wellington was simply amazing. Now my life is packed into boxes again. The really important part, however, is a huge collection of awesome memories, fantastic friends, life changing experiences and the certainty that I wouldn't hesitate a single second if I had to make this decision to come here again.
With all this in my mind, here are my actual final words for Wellington:
Dear Wellington,
I committed to you without ever having met you. Yet, that first glance I got at you - from the plane descending down on a warm summer morning in February 2009 - meant love at first sight. I believe we got to know each other quite well over the years, and I'm incredibly sad that I have to leave you now. The other night I was headed home and walked down the hills, getting a good look at you in the moonlight:
small, but with a big heart;
strong and independent;
fascinating and incredibly beautiful;
please sit down, we need to talk.
I've had a great time with you in the past 2.5 years, with all the ups and downs. However, it is now time for me to move on. But please keep in mind, it's not you - it's me! Also, there's someone else in my life: Vancouver. We only met briefly a few months ago, and please believe me when I tell you that nothing happened back then. Yet I think Vancouver and I might have a thing, so I really need to give it a try. I appreciate what the two of us had, and I hope that we can still be friends. Maybe we'll meet again at some point in the future!
All the best, yours,
Kathi
But the way things always are, in your head and far away from actual actions everything is different, easier. Now, that it's finally the time, I'm not even close to being ready to move on. The past weeks have been super intense in every aspect. Hanging out with all the people here that I love and enjoying my favourite spots in Wellington was simply amazing. Now my life is packed into boxes again. The really important part, however, is a huge collection of awesome memories, fantastic friends, life changing experiences and the certainty that I wouldn't hesitate a single second if I had to make this decision to come here again.
With all this in my mind, here are my actual final words for Wellington:
Dear Wellington,
I committed to you without ever having met you. Yet, that first glance I got at you - from the plane descending down on a warm summer morning in February 2009 - meant love at first sight. I believe we got to know each other quite well over the years, and I'm incredibly sad that I have to leave you now. The other night I was headed home and walked down the hills, getting a good look at you in the moonlight:
small, but with a big heart;
strong and independent;
fascinating and incredibly beautiful;
creative and unique;
finally, most important of all, home.
I will dearly miss you and everything that makes you the coolest little capital in the world. I simply have to come back at some point. Until then, stay the way you are, so long and thanks for everything.
Yours,
Kathi
finally, most important of all, home.
I will dearly miss you and everything that makes you the coolest little capital in the world. I simply have to come back at some point. Until then, stay the way you are, so long and thanks for everything.
Yours,
Kathi
You are my favorite German person!! Will miss you dearly.
ReplyDelete:(! Will miss you! Enjoy Canada, hugely jealous.
ReplyDeleteAnd Wellington will miss you too Kathi
ReplyDeletelove
Deni