22 May, 2011

The final countdown

Here we go, it's my last week in Wellington. This time next week I will be sitting in Melbourne, getting ready for my big Aussie adventure.
How do I feel about this? Well, I'm in a weird head space, that's for sure. I managed to keep myself busy the entire weekend, so for most of it I was feeling fine. After dinner and movie with Aiko on Friday; packing, painting, dinner and movie with Martin on Saturday, Yum Cha with Aiko, Rich and the SAGE crew on Sunday, Martin, Markus and I finally managed to do our long planned sauna trip. Although it definitely wasn't European standard and we had to get used to the slightly more prude Kiwi approach to sauna, it came as close to a Finnish Sauna experience as you can get in Kiwiland. Walking out of it and heading up the hill to Andrew's for dinner I should have been relaxed and at peace - but instead I started to have this weird, diffuse bad feeling. I'm sure you know what I'm talking about. Usually when that happens I try to find out where it comes from, and within minutes I can go back to being happy. But not this time. What finally made me feel way better was finding a huge spider while walking to Andrew's. Seriously, a huge spider made me feel better? As I got confirmed by Andrew soon, definitely not a sign of sanity... But then again, life would be pretty boring if everyone was sane, so who cares.
The next few days will be pretty intense. Heaps of catching up, lunch, coffee, dinner dates lined up. Also my last chance to satisfy my addiction - I will have to be without my beloved gym exercise until I start at a new gym in September! Sad times indeed.
On the other hand I'm getting more excited about Oz, now that the trip is slowly turning from an abstract idea into a real plan. I hope to get some good fun, sun and warmth, awesome scenery and cool cities, time for myself to think back about my life in Kiwiland and my upcoming, new chapter in Canada.
That's me for now, will have another update before I leave.

No comments:

Post a Comment